FAQ: What Is A Hotel Room Attendant?
- 1 What is the difference between housekeeping and room attendant?
- 2 What is room attendant?
- 3 What are the duties and responsibilities of guest room attendant?
- 4 What skills do you need to be a room attendant?
- 5 Do room attendants get tips?
- 6 How many hours should a room attendant work per day?
- 7 How many rooms should a housekeeper clean per day?
- 8 What are the five activities a room attendant must do on a daily basis?
- 9 How hard is housekeeping attendant?
- 10 How a room attendant fits into housekeeping?
- 11 What is DNCO in housekeeping?
- 12 What is the role of GRA in housekeeping?
- 13 What are the duties and responsibilities of housekeeping in hotel?
What is the difference between housekeeping and room attendant?
Housekeeper in the hotel industry is the same as a room attendant, but housekeeper in a large household refers to the employee who manages the household. Room attendant duties involve cleaning the guest rooms, replenishing supplies, cleaning bathrooms and public areas, and seeing to the needs of the guests..
What is room attendant?
Simply put, a Room Attendant is a Housekeeper at a hotel or motel. In this job, your primary task is to keep rooms clean and sanitized, while maintaining a friendly, professional attitude that is pleasing to the guests of the facility.
What are the duties and responsibilities of guest room attendant?
ROOM BOY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters and prepares the room for cleaning.
- Dusts the room and furniture.
- Replenishes guestroom and bath supplies.
- Cleans the bathroom.
- Cleans the closet.
- Vacuums and racks the carpet.
- Checks and secures the rooms.
- Replenish amenities according to the operational standards.
What skills do you need to be a room attendant?
Room attendants require the following skills:
- Ability to quickly and efficiently perform cleaning duties.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Polite and professional manner.
- Flexibility (e.g. availability to work part time)
Do room attendants get tips?
$2 a day should be considered the minimum although they will appreciate anything except loose coins under a $1. Lastly, if you see the room attendant on your way out (and it was the room attendant who cleaned your room, not a random room attendant), hand her the gratuity rather than leaving it in the room.
How many hours should a room attendant work per day?
Room attendants have a lot of responsibility and can make or break the guest’s experience. Room attendants usually work in shifts of 8 hours, during which they may clean as many as 16 guestrooms.
How many rooms should a housekeeper clean per day?
Housekeepers perform the most physically demanding work, cleaning an average of 10 to 14 rooms a day, yet are often invisible to the typical guest.
What are the five activities a room attendant must do on a daily basis?
Room Attendant Responsibilities:
- Greeting guests and responding to queries.
- Changing bed linen and making beds.
- Replacing used towels and other bathroom amenities, such as shampoo and soap.
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Vacuuming carpets.
- Dusting and polishing furniture.
- Emptying trash containers and ashtrays.
How hard is housekeeping attendant?
This job requires good physical stamina, including the ability to stoop, squat, and kneel, while standing all day. You must be comfortable pushing a supply cart, loading and unloading laundry from a washing machine, and using cleaning chemicals, equipment, and other supplies.
How a room attendant fits into housekeeping?
Vacuum, clean, dust and polish guest rooms. Make beds, change sheets, remove and replace used towels and toiletries. Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards. Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests.
What is DNCO in housekeeping?
DNCO (Did Not Check Out): The guest made arrangements to settle his or her account (and thus is not a skipper), but has left without informing the front office. Due out: The room is expected to become vacant after the following day’s checkout time.
What is the role of GRA in housekeeping?
In the morning GRA ( guest room attendant ) in a “room attendant slip” give a status of room of their section. Status means the letting situation of the room for e.g.(cheek-out, occupied/stay over, vacant).
What are the duties and responsibilities of housekeeping in hotel?
Duties and responsibilities:
- Clean and tidy rooms as per the sanitary regulations assigned.
- Change guestroom and bathroom linen.
- Make guest room beds.
- Replenish guest supplies.
- Answer guests’ summons promptly.
- Be responsible for getting guest laundry processed.
- Undertake the evening and provide the turn-down service.