FAQ: Who Sings The Song Hotel California?
- 1 Who is the lead vocals on Hotel California?
- 2 Who wrote Hotel California lyrics?
- 3 Is the song Hotel California about drugs?
- 4 What is a Colita?
- 5 Who sang Love Will Keep Us Alive?
- 6 Is Hotel California about an insane asylum?
- 7 What is the meaning behind the song take me to church?
- 8 Is Hotel California a real hotel?
Who is the lead vocals on Hotel California?
Felder himself provided lead vocals on the initial takes of the songs, but some of his bandmates were not pleased with the results. “Don Felder, for all of his talents as a guitar player, was not a singer,” Frey said in The History of the Eagles. Henley echoed the sentiment.
Who wrote Hotel California lyrics?
1. In 1978, the song won a Grammy award for Record of the Year. Here are five facts that you might not know about The Eagles’ “Hotel California.” The late Glenn Frey penned the lyrics for the hit song along with band members Don Henley and Don Felder.
Is the song Hotel California about drugs?
According to some interpretations, “Hotel California” is a song about drug addiction; others have viewed it as a song about a mental hospital, or devil worship, or—in one especially oddball take—even a real hotel run by cannibals. (That one sure puts a delicious new spin on “you can check out but you can never leave.”)
What is a Colita?
Colitas (little tails) may refer to: A slang term in Hispanic culture for the buttocks. A slang term in Mexico for the buds of the cannabis plant.
Who sang Love Will Keep Us Alive?
In London for the British premiere of their documentary, “History of the Eagles Part One”, the U.S. band said they looked back now at the prolific use of drugs, particularly cocaine, in the 1970s and see it as a snapshot of those times.
Is Hotel California about an insane asylum?
Hotel California is a mental hospital In this song the narrator describes his firsthand experience at the mental hospital. His delusional thought process is described as follows. How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
What is the meaning behind the song take me to church?
Lyrically, “Take Me to Church” is a metaphor, with the protagonist comparing his lover to religion. The song grew out of Hozier’s frustration with the Catholic Church which, as somebody raised in the Protestant Quaker faith, he saw as dominating the social and political outlook of the Irish state.
Is Hotel California a real hotel?
The inspiration for the name of the song, however, was not a real-life hotel, Eagles lead singer Don Henley once told Rolling Stone. ‘Hotel California’ was our interpretation of the high life in Los Angeles,” Henley said.