Quick Answer: What Is Hotel Reservation?
- 1 What is the meaning of hotel reservation?
- 2 What is a hotel reservation and why is it important?
- 3 Why is hotel reservation important?
- 4 What are the two types of reservation?
- 5 What are the major types of reservations?
- 6 What is front office in a hotel?
- 7 What is the advantage of having a reservation?
- 8 What are the different types of rooms?
- 9 What is reservation process?
- 10 What is a confirmed reservation?
- 11 How many types of reservation list are there?
- 12 What is C form hotel?
What is the meaning of hotel reservation?
The term reservation is defined as ‘ blocking or booking a particular room type for a guest, for a definite period of time, for a particular guest’. All hotels will readily accept reservations in order to achieve high occupancy and to maximize their room revenue.
What is a hotel reservation and why is it important?
Hotel reservation systems make business easier; they allow hoteliers to work more smartly, accurately and efficiently. They simplify operations while at the same time maximize revenue opportunities.
Why is hotel reservation important?
A well – organized reservation system allows hotels to ensure a steady flow of guests into their properties. Easy access to a hotel’s data bank of rooms helps in fulfilling the customers’ needs as well as in reaching a targeted daily occupancy rate, average daily rate, yield percentage, and RevPAR.
What are the two types of reservation?
Types of Reservation
- Guaranteed reservation.
- Non –guaranteed reservation.
What are the major types of reservations?
Guaranteed reservation. Non –guaranteed reservation.
What is front office in a hotel?
In the hotel industry, the front office specifically refers to the area where customers first arrive at the hotel. A receptionist is typically employed to work in the front office; the role of a receptionist is to get in touch with the customers, confirm their reservation, and answer customer’s questions.
What is the advantage of having a reservation?
1. A reservation system saves time and cuts costs. A reservation system will save your guests’ time, because they will not need to wait for hours until your team confirms their reservation. If one can book a room by completing a couple of easy steps, then the chances that they will choose another hotel are pretty low.
What are the different types of rooms?
- Single: A room assigned to one person.
- Double: A room assigned to two people.
- Triple: A room assigned to three people.
- Quad: A room assigned to four people.
- Queen: A room with a queen-sized bed.
- King: A room with a king-sized bed.
- Twin: A room with two beds.
What is reservation process?
Reservation is a complete process of booking that is conducted by to parties i.e. one guest or customer and next one is hotel reservation section.
What is a confirmed reservation?
A confirmed reservation means that you have not yet paid, but the hotel agrees to hold a room for you based on some condition. For example, in a typical confirmed reservation, the hotel may agree to “hold the room for you until 8 p.m.” on a specific day.
How many types of reservation list are there?
Reservation is primarily given to all 3 groups: Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes abbreviated as SC, ST, OBC respectively. Originally reservation was only given to SCs and STs but was later extended to OBCs in 1987 after the implementation of the Mandal Commission report.
What is C form hotel?
“The C-form is mandatory for every foreigner while checking into a hotel, and the visitor has to give passport number, phone number, purpose of visit, visa details and country. They would have to visit the FRO for verification,” added Patil.